Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Second Beta

I had my 2nd beta taken today and it was up to 178!!! That's still much lower than the average of 292 for 18 days after the IUI but it more than tripled in 48 hours (it is supposed to double) so that's giving me some hope. For my last pregnancy - the miscarriage - it was 30 at this time. I'm starting to get more excited but still very nervous. I go back once more on Friday for a final blood draw and then we will schedule the ultrasound. It will probably be another week from Friday or that following Monday. Oh man, I am SOOOO ready to see that heartbeat!

I started thinking about work if this pregnancy is successful. I would be due sometime around December 8th. So I am hoping I can stick with my company until the end of the year. Mostly, for insurance purposes so that we don't have to pay a deductible right before the end of the year if we would have to switch. I will talk to HR as soon as I hit the 12 week mark and know that everything is going okay so see what my options are. I don't want to take advantage because my job has been amazing to me since Kyler was born but at the same time, I want to try to switch health insurance at the end of the calendar year.

No comments: