Sunday, April 22, 2012

Make Room for Baby

When we found out we were expecting, we were a little unsure of how well another little one would fit in our tiny house. Sure, we could make do but it would be crowded and messy. I probably wouldn't be able to have an office (not that I have much of one now - a card table in the spare room hardly counts). And it would be hard to find a private area to nurse the baby in the rocking chair. So we started keeping a closer eye on the housing market. This week I spotted something in the paper that looked like it would be just what we were looking for. We made an offer and it was accepted so if everything goes well we will be moving again in about a month.

The house has three bedrooms on the main floor - perfect for us and two little ones. It also has a huge basement with plenty of room for all the toys we have and will continue to collect. It's very close to Grandma and Papa's house (about 1/2 block away), pretty close to the swimming pool, and very close to the school playgrounds. The park is still only a few blocks away too.

We have told a few people about the pregnancy (I'm having a hard time keeping it a secret this time). I told my mom pretty early on and more recently told my dad. We also told some close friends in Kansas City. We will probably tell Brett's parents soon just to be fair. Everyone else will have to wait until Brett's 30th birthday party (that's when he wanted to announce our big news). I think the way we're going to do it is to give tours of the house and say "... and this will be the baby's room" which should prompt some questions. I can't wait until that point because I will be far enough along in the pregnancy to be a little less nervous, I can finally tell everyone, and we should be moved and fairly settled into our new house.

No comments: