Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the big day. We find out whether I'm pregnant or whether we'll keep trying. Unlike most, I sort of love the two-week wait. It means no four-hour round trip drives or trying to figure out how to get my hours in at work while doing all this traveling and still maintaining my family time and responsibilities. The worst part about it is definitely the progesterone suppositories. If it weren't for that, I would probably never test at all and just wait for "aunt flo." I am so hopeful still about this one. My meds seemed to be working right finally and there was one follie on each side. The dominant one was on the left where my IUI was done. I am just sort of nervous that my heart will be broken in the morning. I am trying not to think that way but I can't help but fear that feeling of disappointment. Worse yet, Brett is out of town for work this week so I'll be celebrating or moping alone. I could wait to test until he's back but I am pretty anxious to know this time because of how much I'm counting on it. Plus I assume I will have to make a couple trips to KC for blood tests if it is positive so I would rather do that sooner than later. Oh, on a side note, I bought a pregnancy test a Dollar General for $1.00 which seems insane. Hopefully it works (it says 99% accurate just like all the others so I assume so) but at least that will save us some money if we do have to continue taking them in the upcoming months!

2 comments:

Rach said...

I'm sure you are either on your way or at the Dr right now. Praying for you!

Sandy said...

I've heard most dr's offices use those cheapo preg tests, so they must work fine. Thinking positive thoughts for you this morning.