Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Insurance
I have no idea what is going on with my insurance. And I really don't care either. It is awesome! You might remember a similar post a while back where I was shocked that my lifetime maximum of $10,000 for infertility benefits had barely been used. Today I decided I should probably double check my benefit booklet to make sure that nothing had changed where they were covering everything. I checked and nothing has changed. It's still a $10k lifetime maximum. So I called the insurance company to see how much of that $10k I had used. They told me I had only used $530 of the $10k (which is even less than what they told me before). Are you kidding me??? We've had eight fertility treatment cycles this year with several IUIs and we've only used $530. I even asked them to send me a statement with this information. The last thing I want is for them to all of a sudden decide they had made a mistake and I owe all kinds of money. Anyway, I really hope we don't have to use any more of the insurance benefits (meaning I hope I am pregnant right this moment) but I can pretty much guarantee that we will not reach the maximum before I quit my job. I am even wondering if I should talk to the RE's office about how much it would cost us to do IVF if the next couple of cycles don't work. We might actually be able to afford it if my insurance continues as it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment