This month is the one year anniversary of when we started fertility treatment for our second child. It's the 8th fertility cycle (we had to take a few months break after our miscarriage). I feel like my medication is finally working the way it is supposed to so I am very hopeful for this cycle. We already have a Vegas Baby so maybe this will be our Valentine Baby. I have the perfect situation going on - one decent sized follicle on each side. That means very little chance for multiples in the same uterine horn which is a huge relief. We have the procedure on Thursday which means I have about 2.5 weeks before I know whether this one was a success. And then if it is, another 9 months of worrying! But my oh my it would all be worth it in the end if I could be holding my kids (plural!) in my arms.
We have also had a couple of discussions about what to do next. I had brought up infant adoption and foster-to-adopt. Brett is not ready to discuss either option at this time since we are still hopeful that the fertility treatment will work. Infant adoption is so expensive it's not really a viable option right at the moment, and fostering has it's own set of obvious challenges like having to say goodbye to a child you are hoping will be yours forever. Brett has also brought up the point that many couples have to try for years before getting pregnant so we need to stay focused. He has reminded me to follow the doctor's recommendations at this time. And he's right about all these things. It's just so hard for me not to try to plan our future, even though I know it's not in our hands and this is God's plan. Eventually though our insurance benefits will run out, either by us reaching the lifetime maximum or my job ending (which will probably be happening this fall). So until then all we can do is hope that I get pregnant soon (and stay pregnant this time). We'll have to worry about the next thing when and if it gets here.
2 comments:
Hopefully they've got the right combination of meds figured out for you. Good luck with this cycle! I hope this is the one.
Super hopeful for this month too!! A little Valentines baby GIRL!
Post a Comment