I am considered 5 weeks pregnant today. My symptoms have been pretty much non-existant since early Saturday morning which has been nice but also a little scary. I get a little nauseous once in a while but probably not any more or less than with the Metformin I have been taking the last several months. I have continued to get my blood tested for my HCG levels. Today the number had increased to 377 (from 30 on Friday - 4 days ago). I will have one more blood test on Thursday and if everything still looks okay I will have an ultrasound scheduled.
The reason for checking these levels so much is that they were very low at the beginning which was a little concerning. I think they were probably the same way during my pregnancy with Kyler, we just didn't know it at the time. I would guess that's why the first pregnancy test came back inconclusive and my nurse thinks that is probably the case as well. I am still pretty concerned though with how low the levels are as this is often a sign of miscarriage or eptopic pregnancy (when the baby resides in the fallopian tube rather than the uterus).
I am really ready for the ultrasound to confirm whether the baby is in the right place. If so, that will make it feel like there really is another little one on the way. Right now it just seems surreal. I am so nervous and want to get through these next 7 weeks so that we are in more of a "safe zone" in terms of risk of miscarriage. We will be continuing to pray and ask that you do too. Thanks for all of your support and excitement! We feel beyond fortunate to be pregnant again and are so hopeful that we have a healthy, normal baby in about 8 months.
1 comment:
Glad the beta keeps rising!
Post a Comment