Myelle started off her second day of life with a big breakfast. She hadn't wanted to eat well during the night so she had a cluster of feedings in the morning to make up for it. Her Grandma and Grandpa Brack came to visit later in the morning and she slept right through their entire visit and did not want to wake up for her lunchtime feeding. When she did decide to wake up and eat she was wide-eyed for a while. Great aunt Shelly and uncle Pat came to visit and caught her while she was still awake. She had another small cluster of feedings before dinner. We were able to Skype for a bit with Aunt Jess in Japan and her mom, Carrie came after dinner. Andy, Sarah, and Jackson came to visit and picked up a pizza for us.
After dinner, Myelle just wanted to eat and eat and eat. I nursed her from 9:00 until after midnight with just a few short breaks and she still wasn't happy at that time. I had Brett call the nurse (who we can't say enough good things about, she was seriously a sweetheart) to make sure she didn't think anything was wrong. They went ahead and took her to the nursery so we could get a little rest. When she got back at 3:00 for her next feeding, I couldn't wake Myelle up so we waited until 4:00. She was really hard to get to sleep after that and I had to enlist Dada's help. Finally after her 7:00 feeding she is sleeping peacefully on Day 3.
I'm a little nervous about going home since Myelle hasn't exactly been the easiest baby so far. She definitely has her angelic moments but then other times I have no idea what to do with her. Hopefully by tomorrow we will have figured each other out a little better. She decided on Day 2 that she loves the pacifier which surprised us. We think that she will love the swing and hope that will allow us to get her to sleep (and therefore get us back to sleep) faster. I am also hoping that once I start producing more for her to eat she will be satisfied and a little easier to please. She definitely has her likes and dislikes. It's been hard for me to get used to the fact she doesn't really like being patted or rubbed and would rather be held and rocked or walked with.
Myelle has also been showered with gifts from all the visitors we had. We already have cards, flowers, and a balloon, some stuffed animals, a few tiny headbands, and lots and lots of clothes. Everything is so different from the boy things we have from Kyler. It will be a lot of fun to dress up a little girl. Thanks to our generous friends and family, little Ellie won't be wearing her brother's hand-me-downs too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment