Friday, June 29, 2012

17 Weeks

I had a checkup today and everything is looking good. I thought I was having an ultrasound but apparently they are every four weeks starting at my next appointment (which is in four weeks). Right now it is still too early to see a lot so it didn't make sense to have one this close to the previous one. Since I have been feeling movement, I wasn't too disappointed. The heart rate was 142 and was really easy for the nurse practitioner to hear. She said it was normal for it to be a lot lower than it was last time. My measurements were fine and I passed the first gestational diabetes test (I have to take one around 16 weeks due to having PCOS in addition to the normal one later on in the pregnancy). I had them check me since I have had some cervical pain but everything is still all closed up in there. That was a big relief for me so I'm glad I went ahead and had her do it.

I have been feeling pretty good for the most part. My lower back gets really sore when I do a lot of work (moving/cleaning was pretty hard on it). A couple times this week it hurt so bad it would take my breath away and my tailbone just felt like it was on fire. This morning I had some weird pain that I am pretty sure was in my cervix but haven't felt that particular pain before. But since all was well I feel a lot better and look forward to the next appointment to see that little guy or gal again. It's hard to believe this little one will be here in just five months. The summer always goes fast so I'm thinking that time will fly, especially since we have Ky to keep us moving.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Can't believe you are almost half way through! Need belly shots!

Unknown said...

Wow! Time IS flying by. I am so excited! There are LOTS of cute baby shops in our neighborhood, so I'm keeping an eye out for the perfect gift for Baby Brack II. :) Prayers for a continued healthy pregnancy.

Cindy said...

Rachel - I was going to respond and say there isn't much belly action going on (I haven't grown much since about Week 11)... but just this week I am having major problems with getting clothes to fit and unfortunately I only have one short sleeved maternity shirt. Guess it's time to start shopping!

Amanda - Thanks, we are getting more and more excited too. Shockingly the nursery is set up already which is a huge change since Ky's was still an office about a month before he was born. It helps when you already have everything on hand I guess, and a new house to move into.