Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Special Place

This little baby has a special place in the hearts of my boys.

A couple of weeks ago I peeked in the nursery to see big brother sitting on the ottoman of the rocker, facing the empty bouncy seat, and singing "Wheels on the Bus." I had to sneak over and take some video of such a precious moment. I still don't know what Ky all understands regarding the baby but I have a feeling he understands more than I might think. He likes to give "Baby Pat" kisses on my tummy and lately he's been laying on and hugging my growing belly more and more. I hope that this means he and his new sibling will be very close.



 Dada has also been developing a stronger and stronger bond. Last week he finally got to feel a kick. And he was pretty adamant about going to the appointment this week to see another ultrasound.

I have been getting a little nervous about how the two little ones will get enough attention since we're used to dedicating all of it to Kyler, but these little things give me more and more confidence. I know it is for the best and will all work out in the end but I just want the very best for both of my babies.

The appointment and ultrasound are this Friday and based on all the movement I think it will be a good checkup. I had my first baby dream last night and it was a girl... but that doesn't mean much because we thought Ky was a girl the entire pregnancy and I may have even had dreams that he was.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet. :) Kyler will be an awesome big brother! A good family friend told me this when I was pregnant with Eva (I'm totally paraphrasing here, but the sentiment has always stuck with me): It's truly a miracle when you have your first child and you love more than you ever thought possible... AND it's an even bigger miracle when you have that second child - wondering if you could possibly love another child as much as your first - and then you do. God makes it all possible. :)

Rach said...

Ky is so smart!!

Cant wait for the ultrasound!!