Thursday, June 14, 2012

14 Weeks

Not much new for now. I am slowly getting bigger and bigger and you can definitely feel that the baby is on the left - my stomach is hard on that side and soft on the other side. I have been having lots more aches and pains but the nausea and tiredness has slowed down even more. I called the doctor today about some of the aches and pains. A few days ago I was having sort of a stabbing/throbbing pain in what felt like my cervix. It usually happened when big brother was climbing around on me or I was in a position where my pants were squeezing on my stomach. So my best guess is that the baby got squished and had to push against the cervix. That has diminished though and I'm not feeling it as much now. I have also had some back pain, especially in my lower back toward the end of the day. And the problem I called about today started during the middle of the night and just didn't let up. I got a side ache (it felt like the kind you get while running sometimes) on my left side that just wouldn't go away. It is worse when I am up walking around but it is still uncomfortable when sitting or lying down. When I called the nurse, she said that with the second pregnancy all the things that you don't feel until the end of your first pregnancy start happening a lot sooner. She said unless the pain gets worse or I have any bleeding it should be fine. That definitely made me feel better. Now just over two weeks until my next ultrasound and I will be reassured that everything still looks good.

I apparently forgot to mention in earlier posts that we have started telling everyone our news. Brett was pretty anxious to tell people right after the 12 week mark. And once we had the ultrasound at 13 weeks we felt pretty comfortable telling everyone. So our news is out, which is good because people who see me may be starting to wonder about me and my little pooch (right now it still just looks like I'm getting a little fat rather than looking pregnant).

1 comment:

Nichole Koch said...

I definitely noticed all those little aches a LOT sooner with my 2nd pregnancy and I had shooting vaginal pains whenever I would roll over in bed. Hope it's just a little Round Ligament pain :)