Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Follistim Cycle

This has been a pretty busy week already. We went to KC on Sunday to load up the rest of our furniture to move back to Seneca. I stayed the night for a 7:45 appointment Monday morning. I had a scan to check how things were progressing. They also checked my estradiol level. I was in Wichita with some co-workers at a client site Monday and Tuesday and then drove back from KC this morning after I picked up a lab container for the IUI. I sure miss my family. Tomorrow night I head back to KC with Brett (although we will drive separately) for the IUI on Friday morning. Then the two week wait once again.

The follistim had an effect on things. I went in on Day 10 (Monday) and had two follicles on the right. I think they were at 12 and 14. My estradiol was at 98. So she said things looked good. I did one more injection last night and will do the Ovidrel injection tonight.

I am hopeful again on this cycle. We have to be getting close, right? I am a little nervous about twins since there were two follies but we'll hope not. The biggest fear with twins is how they would do in 1/2 a uterus. It might not make me so nervous if they were on the left but I've already had a c-section on this right side about 19 months ago so I'm not sure that would be the best thing. I have decided that my right ovary knows what's up a lot more than the left side. I rarely have a good follie over there (on the left) and have not gotten pregnant on that side.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Glad the shots have been going good! Hope everything goes well Friday and you get some much needed down time this weekend!