Sunday, November 25, 2012

38 Weeks

I can't believe we are at 38 weeks. Only one to go!!! I had an appointment on Friday. It was pretty quick and everything looked fine. The baby is still head down and the heart rate was around 145. I don't remember my weight but the doctor I had (not my regular doctor) mentioned that it was a lot for one week. Oops. He said the previous week I didn't gain a lot so it was fine, and I was a little swollen so he thought some of it might just be water weight. My blood pressure was a bit high but not anything worrisome. I am not dilated at all but about 50% effaced which was a little surprising since I was 0% up to the delivery day with Kyler. We were told that if my water breaks or I start having contractions 8 minutes apart, that I should start heading that way and call them. He also said that I should be feeling the baby at least 10 times per day and to lie down if I have been busy and haven't felt anything to make sure it's still moving around. So far so good although he or she is a lot less active than last weekend - just little movements rather than trying to stretch me out.

Baby's Gift to Kyler


I made my list of what to pack for the hospital but I need to actually start gathering things together. We have the car seat and bases out but not yet installed. I put the bases in the cars so at least we will have them with us. The baby's gift for Kyler came in and I need to get it wrapped up and in the vehicle. And Kyler finally picked out a gift for the baby. We have been asking him to every time we go to the store but he can never find the perfect gift. He chose a little puppy dog taggie toy. We put it in a gift bag and it is sitting in the car seat ready to go to the hospital. I need to bring it to my dad's truck so that Kyler can bring it to the hospital when he comes with Grandma and Papa. Other than that we just need to raise the crib mattress and bring over a small baby bed to put in our room the first couple of weeks. We got the Christmas decorations up so that is one less thing to worry about when we come home. We are almost ready - and very ready to meet this little one. I really am thinking it's a boy now but we will see in about a week!

Kyler's Gift for Baby "Pat"

1 comment: