Monday, July 4, 2011

Almost Over

I had another doctor appointment on Friday morning. Brett was still out of town for work so I was solo. The doctor confirmed that nothing had changed for about two weeks and recommended I schedule a D&C so they could remove all the tissue and whatever else was there. I scheduled the surgery for Tuesday morning. I will be put completely under for the first time in my life. They will have radiology there and do it under ultrasound because of my didelphic uterus. I should be resting for 24 hours, taking it easy for 48 hours, and on pelvic rest for a week (so no swimming).

I was a little emotional after the appointment and had the "why me?'s." I don't feel this way often and am pretty good at taking things as they come for the most part. But I guess it was just time for me to have a weak moment. Why do I have to have a didelphic uterus... and PCOS... and now DOR... and then a miscarriage? Why can't I catch a break? Oh yeah, I did. And his name is Kyler. And now I am over that weak moment and ready to move on.

I will have to have two cycles before we start infertility treatment again, so we are being pushed back a little more than we thought but that's okay. We have been having a great summer even with this bad news and roadblock. So we will try to more patient and wait for His plan to unfold.

2 comments:

Rach said...

So sorry you have to go through the D&C and have to postpone for a couple of months. But, like you said, it will be nice to enjoy the summer without the thoughts of infertility treatments.

We all have the "why me?" every now and then. I agree, you never seem to let anything get to you. You deserve a little down time. It's part of the healing process.

Will be thinking of you Today during the surgery. Keep us updated.

Shelly Gomez said...

Thinking of both of you today. I know from experience it's not a fun thing to do but you will be glad when it's over with. We will keep praying that Kyler ends up with a little brother or sister someday, but also know that having one child is a HUGE blessing. I thank God everyday for giving us Christian. And for giving you Kyler. They are both pretty special boys, aren't they?

Love you all,
Aunt Shelly & Uncle Pat