Tuesday, May 7, 2013

5 Months

Myelle is 5 months and growing like crazy (it sure seems like she is anyway... I haven't had her weighed lately). She is a chubby little thing and her cheeks get a little fatter every day. The girl likes to eat. And it is kind of adorable. She is fitting into 6 month outfits and some are even a little tight already. She is still wearing some 3-6 month clothes and I haven't even dug around to see what 6-9 and 9 month stuff we have. She is wearing a size 2 disposable diaper and is sort of in between sizes in cloth diapers. The small (step up from newborn) are a little tight and the mediums are fitting pretty well. Unfortunately, Kyler was a fairly thin baby so I could skip that size for him. So she is still wearing the smalls for now but I am going to have to try out the larges soon (which is crazy because that's the biggest size I ever used on Ky-man!). She eats about 4-5 ounces of homemade babyfood each day in addition to nursing on demand. It seems like she doesn't take much milk throughout the day (lots of little feedings) but has some better feedings at night.



This girl is a little giggle box. I have never ever seen a baby that is so easy to make laugh. She definitely still has her mood swings but unless she is tired, she will smile at anyone who looks at her and laughs at the slightest tickle. She is much less serious than her big brother was. I love it! Kyler can get her cracking up just by walking up to her and looking at her. She freaking loves that boy. She is sitting up fairly well, tumbling over when she gets distracted. She still isn't rolling over. Even though she rolled front to back very early and did it several times, she doesn't have any interest in doing it anymore. And she has never rolled back to front. I sort of wonder if the chubbiness is preventing some of this. That and she loves to be upright so she spends a decent amount of time in the jumper, walker, boppy pillow, stroller, and her high chair. She loves being outside and rarely complains in a moving stroller. She also does pretty well in the car and sleeps when we are on the road most of the time. When she gets irritated she makes a spitting noise (which is not cool when she is eating her babyfood). She recently started testing out a high-pitched scream which will get old quick. And her most common sound is "yeah." Many times she will hold up her fist and "talk" which is pretty amusing.



Naps are usually hard to come by. She has a hard time getting to sleep, it is a pretty frustrating routine. I try rocking, bouncing, lying her down, the swing, etc. Eventually she sort of gives in and stops squirming but it can take quite a while. Then she usually sleeps for a little less than an hour at a time so we have to do this several times each day. Once she is in bed for the night, it is a different story. She has still been waking up probably an average of three times each night but she just eats and I lay her right back down to sleep without any issues. She has been going to bed around 8:30, waking up a couple of times, and then up for the day around 8:00 or so in the morning. She goes down for her first nap by 10:00 in the morning, and then usually has another around 1:00 in the afternoon, and usually one more around 4 or 5.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I can't wait to see the latest pictures. She sounds like such a cutie. The nursing is probably whats keeping her from catching what Kyler had.

Rach said...

Cant wait to see pics. Giggles are the best. Glad her and Ky have a great bond!