Myelle had an appointment yesterday to go over her fussiness. I didn't get any real answers but we are going to try a reflux medication to see if it helps. Most likely though, it seems like this is just something that we are going to have to deal with until she grows out of it. I have stopped eating any dairy (except a few items that have trace amounts), chocolate, and caffeine. It seems to have helped Myelle's digestive issues. Her stools are still all over the board but she has much less discomfort in passing gas or pooping. Once we get the reflux medication going I am going to add back the prenatal vitamins, then dairy, then chocolate and caffeine to see if anything really is making difference.
As far as her eczema is concerned, the doctor wasn't too worried. We are going to switch from Johnson's baby products to Aveeno baby products (soap and lotion) to see if that helps. I have stopped using fabric softener sheets on her laundry which I think is the culprit since it was the only thing we have changed and the rash has appeared all over her body except her feet, diaper area, and head. The doctor said that this is the worst time of year for eczema and since none of it is that bad it should clear up.
The spitting up is just something we're going to have to deal with. It may get better around 6 months when she is sitting upright more. The medication she is going on will not help with the spit up but will make it less acidic which should make her a little more comfortable. I am going to give the medicine about a week to see if it is making any difference. If not, I will take her off of it and we will just wait out the crabby baby stage.
And the good news from the visit is that Myelle is growing like a champ. She is 13 pounds and now in the 50th percentile for weight (up from 25th at her 2 month visit and 10th at her 2 week visit). So even though she is crabby and spits up a lot and all the time (it might be at an all time high right now), she is growing just fine and meeting her milestones. She even impressed the doctor on her tummy by how high she can push her shoulders up.
The doctor told me this time that at 6 months she should be a happier baby. We were really hoping for a big change at 4 months but it doesn't look too promising. Dang!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad she's growing well despite the constant spit up. I hope things getting better sooner than you expect! Sounds like you're doing everything you can to ease her discomfort.
Post a Comment