Thursday, August 18, 2011

Still Waiting

We are still waiting for my first period since the D&C. I took a pregnancy test (negative) and then went in and had my blood drawn yesterday. The results today said that I ovulated so it should be here soon. I am supposed to call my nurse when it comes, but not sure why. My unrealistic but hopeful self wonders if they will let me start treatment again right away. But the realist in my knows that isn't going to happen.

In terms of our potential move and job changes, Brett did accept a great position back near my hometown and we will be moving in a couple of weeks. My job is sort of in a bind as we are in a busy time right now because tax returns that have been extended are due soon. So my boss has agreed to let me temporarily work remotely. This is great news for our fertility treatments because I will be able to continue with the insurance coverage for a while. Unfortunately, with us moving and Brett starting a new job, IUI is not looking like an option anymore. But I can still take all my meds, go to my appointments, and we can keep trying without IUI. I am probably only going to stay at my job until the first of the year (if not sooner) so hopefully we get pregnant within that timeframe. And we will be praying that if I do get pregnant again, we will be blessed once again with a miracle baby 9 months later!

Oh, there is some other good news. I am finally back on my full dose of Metformin and feeling great! That definitely helps me stay positive and relaxed about this whole treatment thing.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Glad you are feeling well. I'm so glad you guys are able to move to Seneca to be closer to your family. Kyler is going to love it!