Saturday, December 6, 2014

2nd Birthday Party

Myelle's 2nd birthday party had a Pebbles Flintstone theme. The invitations read, "Yabba Dabba Doo, Myelle is Turning 2!" It was fitting since we have been putting Myelle's hair into a pony tail on the top of her head lately.

I found some cute cake ideas on the internet and decided to tackle my first tiered and first fondant cake. I made the house out of rice krispie treats and fondant, purchased the figurines, drew a pattern on the candles with a sharpie, and made two circle layer cakes of different sizes. It wasn't perfect but I thought it turned out very good. And it was tasty too (after the fondant was peeled off)!



We had a variety of other goodies like Fruity Pebbles treats, bones made from marshmallows and pretzel sticks, and cake pops. We also had lots of appetizers and snacks with prehistoric/Flintstone names.





The kids had been playing in the box our dishwasher came in and I had some stone-colored shelf paper I was looking to get rid of so I decided to make a little Flintstones play house for the kids.


Myelle was dressed like Pebbles. I put her hair up in a little pony tail and made her a Pebbles dress out of felt and fabric glue - super easy!


I also paper mached a dinosaur egg-shaped pinata and a bamm bamm club. And Myelle got lots of gifts!


Everyone first grabbed a bite to eat, then we watched Myelle's birthday video, and opened gifts before blowing out candles and eating cake. Myelle is big into the Peanuts characters so she loved getting a Charlie Brown doll. Her first comment about it was, "he doesn't have any batteries." Apparently she was thinking he should talk or try to kick a football or something. Her big gift was a dollhouse from Mama and Dada. Her favorite things to open were her Charlie Brown book, her dolly bed, and some gold shimmery leggings.

Myelle's 2nd Birthday Video from cindy46 on Vimeo.

No comments: