Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Insurance Jackpot?
I know we have really really incredibly good health insurance but this is getting a little crazy. I'm pretty sure our infertility balance hasn't changed in about a year. We have a $10k lifetime maximum for infertility benefits. We have used $3,431.05 which is pretty close to what it was the last time I called for it which was around a year ago. I thought for sure we had used close to $6k at this point. We have done at least 4 cycles since then, and one was an IUI cycle. We have had multiple scans to check follicle size. So I don't know if our RE's office is really good at coding this stuff so it doesn't ding the infertility balance or if the medications aren't hitting the balance or what is going on, but if it is correct that is crazy. Maybe between the didelphic uterus and my PCOS they can code a lot of it to those conditions. I'm not sure whether I should ask or not. It might not matter since we sadly are getting rid of these benefits at the first of the year anyway - then again maybe it will matter if our new insurance covers whatever they are being coded to. And maybe we should try something new for treatment since we have this money to spend in the next two months. It is probably time to try injectibles although it would not be good if we got pregnant with multiples. I think IVF is still out of the question. Brett and I had decided it wasn't for us back before we had Kyler, and it is more expensive than our $6,500 will allow us to spend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, thats awesome! I got soo tired of tracking insurance claims when we were going through treatments. Id just say their number must be right, lol!
Post a Comment