Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cycle 2 Update

Cycle 2 is nearing an end. As I mentioned before, I was on a double dose of Femara this cycle. Surprisingly, I didn't have near the side effects that I had during Cycle 1. I only had hot flashes this time and I can totally handle those! I also didn't have much for pain around the time I took the Ovidrel shot. A few days after, I am feeling a little bit of pain (just feels like things are a little swollen maybe, so nothing severe). We had a hard time staying on schedule this cycle with both of us being busy with work so we'll just have to wait and see what happens here in about a week and a half.

As a side note, when I went in for my ultrasound I had two follicles that would be capable of releasing an egg - so not a big risk of having multiples which was a relief.

I decided to take next month off in terms of fertility meds if I'm not pregnant this cycle. May is super busy and Brett will be gone for two weeks so it just doesn't make sense to add a fertility cycle to an already crazy time period. I will still take my Metformin, prenatal, and aspirin but no Femara or Ovidrel.

At first I thought we would continue fertility treatments until our insurance money runs out but as the months go by I am starting to change my mind. It's just a lot of work and everything feels so forced and planned out. Then I start wishing I could just get pregnant the way everyone else does - no medications, ultrasounds, shots, perfect timing, etc. But we know that will not likely happen. We'll probably just make a decision each month as a new cycle approaches but every day I am getting a little closer to stopping altogether to relax and enjoy life as we know it. Eventually we would start fostering and hopefully adopt that way.

2 comments:

Rach said...

I hope it all works out Cindy. But if not, adoption is a whole different feeling of excitement! Can't lose either way.

Sandy said...

Maybe you need to head back to Vegas!

Seriously though, whatever is supposed to happen will happen. Sorry the fertility treatments are so exhausting, but I'm glad they weren't as painful as last cycle. Positive thoughts headed your way :)