Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In 3 Months

We will be starting treatment again in about 3 months. I stopped breastfeeding a couple weeks ago in part so that we can start fertility treatment soon. My cycle started back up on Monday [insert underwhelming "yay!" here].

I will have to do some lab tests again in January. They test my blood to see what my hormone levels, blood sugar levels, etc. are. And I will start on a medication called Metformin. It is not a fun one to take. I have to ramp up to take three huge pills each day. They really mess with my digestive system at first, which is why you have to get used to taking one pill before you start taking two, and then get used to two before you take three.

We are a little ahead of the game here but we already started talking about baby names. Of course we can't come up with any boy names we like - just like the last time. I still kind of like Callen but it is a little unusual and I didn't necessarily want to have both names starting with a "K" sound. I know at one time Brett said we should use Gavin if we have another boy. But for a girl we already agreed on Myelle. This was a name we heard at the time of the winter Olympics. There is a Canadian snowboarder with the same name only it is spelled Maelle. We decided on the former spelling because it is easier to pronounce. We know that it would have to be spelled out all the time but we're okay with that.

We also discussed whether we would find out the gender ahead of time. Brett said we might as well but I thought we should wait and be surprised again. I think the only way we would find out is if we were really wanting a specific gender and would be disappointed if we didn't end up with that gender. But we are pretty indifferent and just want Kyler to be a big brother to whomever. So sorry, we will be keeping you all in suspense once again.

1 comment:

Rach said...

What happened to Austin? I think Myelle is pretty as well.